Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Taste of Halifax: The Street

There is an overwhelming volume of things to shoot in downtown Halifax. Went for wander to see what I could, well, see. Hard light right outside my hotel first caught my eye...


Hard light. Hard lines. A view from above later in the morning proved fruitful, turning a plain 'ol stop sign into a strong graphic element...


Doors and graffiti, for whatever reason, continue to interest me. Found an alcove along Barrington that offered both...


From graffiti to what appears to be a commissioned mural. Low, warm light was trucking down this street. Got the camera up just in time to catch this old guy making the hard ascent up the hill. Fortuitous as I had seen him earlier and wanted to capture him somehow.


Colorful. Seems to be a good descriptor of the city and the people here. So I guess the following from a local street merchant is somewhat relevant...


Finally, another trip up towards the Citadel. Actually got there after closing, but the hill top and rising moon seemed interesting. And the approach was lit from the setting sun bouncing off an opposing office tower. Convenient.


No comments:

Post a Comment